The world tries to align us into a well-formed path believed to guarantee success. Then, why aren’t there 7.8 billion success stories for it? Is this well-defined path just an illusion? Is there success in a unique path never chosen before? Well, this answer lies in the mind of the individual. We often neglect the brilliance of our mind, which has the power to create extraordinary things and contribute to sustainable outcomes through community engagement. To explain this idea in an organized way, we present you the learn, act and engage model.
This model helps an individual create an organized strategy plan for an idea and leads to your final destination. It can be shaped according to your creativity and ideas. It is not a guide that can help you to complete your puzzle, but it does tell you the pieces that will help you to complete the final puzzle.
Learn Research, Discuss and Lead
- Research– If you come across an idea and feel directionless, do some study on your focus areas. The research you put at this stage gives you a sense of direction and clarity.
- See things through a holistic approach– It is incredible to hear children speaking about their dreams and aspirations in their childhood. Their ideas reflect uniqueness and creativity. Then, why does this curiosity turn to disinterest and stress later? Do you feel we have a system that helps us build innovators, leaders, and peacemakers?
The holistic approach helps you extract meaning and purpose from your academics and the skills you have been taught. It helps you to innovate, create and become self-reliant. It focuses on the whole rather than on the fragmented parts. There are 8 dimensions of learning and focusing- intellectual,financial,socio-cultural,physical,emotional,environmental,occupational and spiritual.
- The 5W1H Model– This is a great strategy to give your idea a structure. It includes six categories- WHY, WHEN, WHERE, WHAT, WHO, and HOW. Each category must be filled, which helps you frame your idea and present all dimensions of your vision.
- Spread Awareness– Once you are able to make people understand your idea, make it reach to the ones who will contribute to making it happen. This step just doesn’t simply happen on its own. The effort here is to make people believe in what you believe. Once you do this, the extraordinary things start to take care of themselves!
Become a Leader– Take the lead and plan. Brainstorm, discuss and take notes. Don’t forget to write things down. Writing down things gives us more clarity and helps to retain information better. Try experimenting with things and use the best potential of your team.
Act Volunteer, Empower and Create Change
- Volunteer– It is essential to stand up and speak what you feel. If you have an idea, regardless of how it will appear later, share it with others and get constructive feedback.
- Make a change in society– The process of an idea taking shape to a working project takes a lot of hard work, dedication, and self-motivation. However, the satisfaction, in the end, is so enduring. This is empowering and makes you consistent in your efforts. Once you get this feeling, the people around you are empowered to give in their best and see the broader vision. The vision you have must align to creating an impact in society. The community engagement you do must help people become hopeful for a better future and work for the same.
- To take Actions– It is the visual form of your plan. Act what is necessary for growth. The plan you make must be practical and in accordance with the present need in society. Engage with more people, explain to them why your idea is useful, take feedback and use it to progress ahead. A leader will learn from their setbacks and always try to move ahead. You may make changes here and there if you feel some things are not adding up to your progress.
Engage Provide Opportunities
- The Rippling Effect– For instance, you see some empty packets scattered around the dustbin in a class. The teacher while teaching suddenly pays attention to it, picks the packets and throws them in the dustbin, and continuous teaching. Do you think it will induce some thought in the students? What would they think?
The immediate thought will be to throw things inside the dustbin and never outside it. Maybe if they see the same thing happening somewhere else, they would tell others to do the same.
Do you see a pattern being created?
This is called the Ripple effect. Each and every small act you do has an impact on someone else, and it is carried forward. Setting this chain has the power to change lives and helps in community engagement. Also, to more about Ripple effect and how it influences human emotions you can read this amazing study.
- Provide Opportunities– Every opportunity is a stepping stone to progress! If you have the power to create change, then provide others the skill set that can instill independent thinking in them that helps them plan and execute things independently.
Make People Learn– The setbacks, failures you do while experimenting with your ideas add to your experience. This brings a great learning opportunity to the people around you. Let your team experiment, come up with new ideas, and do things differently. One must not set limits beforehand as it limits creativity as well.
Create the path in your style, do creative things, work with passion in your eyes and dedication in your mind. Do not stop until the very end, and success shall take care of itself and surprise you in many ways!
# BeLimitless #YAA
We would be applying this model in our upcoming Limitless Stree- Women Empowerment Program. It focuses on building digital skills and knowledge, taking actions to create a positive support system, and create community engagement. Join us to know more and work towards gender equality.